Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Pages character fill

So I have been going through the settings in iCloud pages and there isn't a SINGLE button for highlighting (in pple's word - character filling). I also tried to do the same on my iPhone and I can't find a toggle for it? Do I have to buy a MacBook just to have the ability to highlight a text? Seriously?

Posted on Sep 20, 2016 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2016 4:41 AM

There is no “true highlighting” solution in Pages for iCloud, and it does not surprise me that it is missing in the iOS version. This is not a mistake made by Microsoft in Word from their Office Online solution.

Yes, if you want to use Pages, and need access to true document highlighting, then you will need Pages for Mac. A more comprehensive, and consistent writing solution exists in Word for iOS, Word Online, and Office 2016 (whether on Mac or Windows).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2016 4:41 AM in response to a---a

There is no “true highlighting” solution in Pages for iCloud, and it does not surprise me that it is missing in the iOS version. This is not a mistake made by Microsoft in Word from their Office Online solution.

Yes, if you want to use Pages, and need access to true document highlighting, then you will need Pages for Mac. A more comprehensive, and consistent writing solution exists in Word for iOS, Word Online, and Office 2016 (whether on Mac or Windows).

iCloud Pages character fill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.