Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change direction "Point At" and "Snap Alignment to Motion"??

I'm using the Point At and also the Snap Alighment to Motion behaviors and these work using the green axis arrow as the "forward" direction but that's not the "front" of my artwork. Can you rotate the anchor point? How do you change the default direction for these behaviors?

Thank you!
Scot

Posted on Sep 20, 2016 8:10 AM

8 replies

Sep 22, 2016 7:31 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks for the reply.

The axis parameter only tells the behavior what axis to rotate around as it rotates to point at the parent object.

I've added a screenshot to show what I'm talking about – a simple line in Motion with an arrow end cap with the "Point At" behavior applied. The yellow circle is the parent. The arrow doesn't point at the circle. The top of the arrow's anchor is what's pointing at the circle. I need to rotate the arrow around it's anchor point so that the "top", the part of the arrow that the Point At behavior uses to point, is aligned with the arrowhead. Make sense?

ThanksUser uploaded file

Oct 12, 2016 8:27 AM in response to Scot Walker

…different attemp, forget PointAt etc:

User uploaded file

everything centered, 0/0 for a start

then, position arrows anchor to the sun

add rate to make it rotate.

User uploaded file

Now:

change groups anchor point, apply rate:

sun rotates around some center, arrow orbits around sun ...

User uploaded file

see? Anchor point of sun not moved/centered; anchor point of Arrow shifted to suns center; finally, groups Anchor shifted to somewhere in space.. where noone hears you scream... oops, sorry, lost! 😉

how's that?

Change direction "Point At" and "Snap Alignment to Motion"??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.