Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NTLDR is missing

Hi Everyone,

I have an old white MacBook4,1 with a bootcamp set up with Windows XP. We used this at work as an intern computer to access a database program we use on our windows machines. I was clearing off the computer of personal files from the various users over the years and when I went to boot it up in Windows it gave me an NTLDR is missing. I did not touch anything in the partition and trying to verify/repair disk from disk utility says everything is fine on that partition. I get a message come up the says:

NTLDR is missing

Press any key to restart

I cannot press any key to restart as it does not recognize anything and so I have to force shut down via the power button. I do not have any external drives or devices plugged in and nothing in the cd tray.

I have seen various answers on here but none suited my needs.

I do not have a copy of the old XP install disk either so I am really hoping there is some simple fix to this that I am just not getting. Please let me know if you need more info

Posted on Sep 20, 2016 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2016 9:21 AM

You will need a WXP disk to run startup repair.

8 replies

NTLDR is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.