You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 plus video recording problem

recorded videos sound drops out to about 20% during playback. Recording in voice memos works correctly. Listening to bt audio is extremely choppy when using phone to type or multitask. not sure if i hope its a hardware or software issue, anyone else having problems on ios 10.0.1

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 20, 2016 7:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 11:14 PM

Hi there,

I also have a ip7+ with the same problem. However I seemed to have self-resolved the problem.

The ip7+ out of box came with a clear protective wrap. I'm using the jet-black 7+ so in order to protect the rear from scratches, I didn't remove the clear protective wrap. That's where the problem lies.

There is a micro mic inbetween the camera flash and lenses so the clear protective wrap might have blocked the sound recording.

After removing the protective wrap, the new videos I've taken doesn't seem to have this issue anymore.

Sadly, the old videos will remain the same.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

16 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2017 11:14 PM in response to otogan

Hi there,

I also have a ip7+ with the same problem. However I seemed to have self-resolved the problem.

The ip7+ out of box came with a clear protective wrap. I'm using the jet-black 7+ so in order to protect the rear from scratches, I didn't remove the clear protective wrap. That's where the problem lies.

There is a micro mic inbetween the camera flash and lenses so the clear protective wrap might have blocked the sound recording.

After removing the protective wrap, the new videos I've taken doesn't seem to have this issue anymore.

Sadly, the old videos will remain the same.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Mar 29, 2017 8:00 PM in response to nhoj_yelbom

i have the same problem with my iphone 7+, which i purchased brand new yesterday. however, i have removed the protective plastic wrap and that is when the sound quality went way down. i can't record a video without hearing a bunch of static and white noise. the iphone 7+ is talked up for its amazing camera yet can't even record videos with a clear sound. unbelievable, please let me know when any of you find the REAL solution to this problem

Jun 25, 2017 8:53 PM in response to nhoj_yelbom

I just want to inform people who are claiming that the issue is resolved because of removing the protective cover, you are totally mistaken guys! I'll let you know why!

Because the main ISSUE is the sound drops down when the BASS volume in the recorded sound is going too high! (low frequencies I mean)

And why you think the issue is resolved, that's because you just recorded videos with no bass or the bass volume is not high.

***Try it yourself record a video for a song with high bass, then record the same song but cut or reduce the bass volume using the EQ. you will notice the difference***

SO PLEASE APPLE TEAM ADVISE WHAT IS THE SOLUTION, BECAUSE THIS IS VERY DISAPPOINTING, YOU RUINED MY VIDEOS GUYS!

Jul 31, 2017 6:20 AM in response to Hesham.H

I totally agree with you Hesham.H! I an iPhone 7 & realized the same problem. I'm extremely frustrated because all my videos have a hissing sound or sound is intermittent when recording videos. 😓😣I experienced the same problem with my iPhone 6 before changing it. I hope we can get urgent assistance from Apple.

Sep 21, 2016 12:01 PM in response to nhoj_yelbom

Hi there, nhoj_yelbom!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with video sound on your iPhone. I know how important it is to be sure the iPhone works properly at all times. First, check out this article with steps to Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

The next thing you might want to try is going to Settings on the iPhone and then to Reset. Once there, tap Reset all Settings. This will reset the iPhone settings, but not erase personal information such as photos, contacts, or music. It will, however, remove Wi-Fi and VPN settings so be sure you have those settings and passwords ready for when the iPhone is started back up.

If that doesn't work, it would be a good idea to be sure there is not a software issue as the root cause of this for you.

1. Check out this article for the steps for How to backup your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
  2. Use this article for the steps to Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.
  3. Once that is done, set the phone up as new and test the phone to see if the issue is still going on. Then, follow this article to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Cheers!

Nov 12, 2016 10:42 AM in response to Leanne_68

Hi,

I have a similar problem where the sound goes to a very low volume while playing back videos.

It has happened for videos taken on the first day when I purchased my phone (iPhone7) and it has not been fixed since the new iOS update (10.1.1).

I have taken all the steps but it is still unresolved.

I suspect this is a sytemic problem not isolated to single user. Please help get a fix for this.

Iphone 7 plus video recording problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.