Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to move/delete apps - iPhone7

I am unable to move or delete apps and icons on my iPhone 7 ios 10.0.1. When I press the app, if simply asks if I want to share the app. I have reset the settings and even restored the phone as new and the problem continues.

Posted on Sep 20, 2016 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2017 8:51 AM

touch and keep your finger on the icon but don't press hard like you had to before. iPhone 7 recognizes how hard you press. Quick touch invokes the app, light touch and hold creates wobbling icons with the X to delete, harder touch and hold activates 3D touch

125 replies

Sep 18, 2017 8:58 AM in response to Dunm0

While there has been a change since iOS 10 for the ability to delete many apps, not all can be deleted. However, if the app that you are trying to delete is one that can be deleted and you are not seeing the ✖ to remove it, then go to Settings>General>Restrictions, and see if you have the restriction turned on that does not allow you to delete content. This support document lists the apps that originally were not removable, but now are. Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Jan 1, 2017 4:16 AM in response to Tbandz25

I don't think 3D Touch can be turned off. It's activated by firm pressure on the screen. To delete an app lightly touch and hold the icon until it wiggles. It's all regulated by the amount of pressure applied to the screen. It's a new feature thats different and takes some getting use to. If you're using a stylus it might be more difficult to regulate the pressure but just remember to apply light press and hold not the firm pressure we're used to.

Jan 2, 2017 6:11 AM in response to tanyamp

Hi

Couple of questions... as some people found your post helpful .

How hard is sort of hard ? Would you say it's the pressure you apply to a set jelly, without breaking the surface. Or harder?

An LAY your finger on an icon, it doesn't seem to work? Maybe Im actually not good at finger laying? As all I seem to get is an open app.

Also what the **** is 3D Touch?

Wouldn't it be great if mapple and mobbs had geniuses available to help us poor people who just submit.. submit...submit...

Jan 3, 2017 3:11 AM in response to R.gilbert

I am not impressed with 3D Touch. I really haven't found a use for it. To activate 3D Touch you press and hold firmly, much like the old technique to delete apps. To open you tap. To delete an app you have to lightly press and hold until they wiggle ...do not lift your finger.......you then have a tap. it takes some getting use to but with a little practice you can master this new technique. Let me know how it works out for you.

Jan 21, 2017 9:13 AM in response to A F Brandt

This works just lightly place thumb over icon a x will display over all icons choose x over what you don't want and it's gone. I'm like Joe Walsh a analog man in a digital world I need a 10 year old smartass to tell me what to do that is a good song on his latest album a analog man in a digital world he also has a song called 1 day at a time and yes it is about the struggle with drugs and alcohol he has went through there is also a song I'm just lucky that way the whole album is great I must sound like what Joe is singing about well yes I am but the sober mind was able to pickup on the light touch on I phone 7 I will go for now ps the government is talking about having all USA electric, water infrastructure even air traffic going back to analog to lessen a cyber attact? Any views have a good Saturday Westdot

Jan 26, 2017 1:29 PM in response to Gclupo

Not being able to delete or move as easily as on past iPhones is a complete waste of time and backward step. Same as the stupid 3D and awful vibration on home button and others. At least I've found a way to turn that crap completely off. So disheartening this iPhone 7 Plus, it's going back for full refund under Sale of Goods act, Apples loss not mine. Have used every iPhone number up to now, but this is definitely the WIRST iPhone ever, and best place for it is in the bin, but need refund to buy something decent.

Jan 27, 2017 1:06 PM in response to gloriafrommi

Lightly touch and hold the icon until it starts to wiggle then move as desired. If you press too hard you get an option to share. The icons won't wiggle. 3D touch dictates the amount of pressure applied to the screen so it's different than on previous models. Previous posts cover this issue as well as how to turn it off if you want.

Unable to move/delete apps - iPhone7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.