Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Screen Bleed/Uneven Screen Edge

I've noticed that against a mid-coloured background that the backlight on my black 32GB iPhone 7 is uneven down the right hand side of the screen And I'm seeing 7 or 8 dark patches, almost like a series of rectangles going light dark light dark. You can't see them against a white background or against black but only against solid colours (a 50% grey screen for example).

Iit's particularly noticeable if I pull down notification centre or go into multi tasking where the wallpaper becomes a paler blurred colour.

I've tried to capture it on camera as best I can as seen in the attached pic (ignore the white line of reflection above).

User uploaded file

I dont know what my best option is as stocks seem to be low so I can't even order a new one and send this back as the 14 day return policy runs out next Friday and a new one wouldn't arrive for 2-3 weeks. I can't imagine the Apple Stores having enough stock to exchange either.

Just wondering what people think and what the best course of action would be.

iPhone 7, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 21, 2016 2:22 AM

4 replies

Sep 21, 2016 2:45 AM in response to spooned12000rpm

Since I can't edit my original post I also want to add:

These are definitely dark patches as the screen is uniformly bright above and below the area as apposed to having bright spots as you'd expect with 'normal' screen bleed).

Scrolling through the facebook app for example you notice it when an image that goes to the edge of the screen and you seen a subtle difference as the image scrolls through the light/dark areas.

Sep 22, 2016 1:12 AM in response to spooned12000rpm

Hi there

its clear to see the issue in your photo and I would suggest that you're well within your rights to receive a swap out of phone or at very least replacement screen at any point whilst in the warranty period which for most countries is 12 months. If the iPhone has a noticeable fault and in your case with the screen it certainly does, this should fall outside of the 14 day exchange and I would argue that you're covered by warranty. Apple are usually quite good here in the UK and I've always been impressed by their customer service and support. The screen is a big feature of the phone and is specifically focused on in all Apple marketing, so expecting it to be in tip top condition is completely reasonable. iPhone is a premium product at a premium price point, so you should have no problem if you revisit this issue in a few weeks past the 14 day period.

It might be worth chatting to apple customer service on the phone/ Genius Bar to get this confirmed, but I'd be very surprised if you have a problem getting his resolved a little later.

Hope that helps.

Joe

Sep 22, 2016 9:17 AM in response to Joey London

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your help. I tried to make a genius bar reservation but there was nothing available at any of my local stores. Then I tried an online chat with support but the best they could do was suggest that I visit a store. In the end as I'm still within the 14 day period I've requested a replacement and sent my existing phone back.

They couldn't tell me when the replacement would arrive so I'm back to my 4 year old iPhone 5 for the foreseeable!

iPhone 7 Screen Bleed/Uneven Screen Edge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.