Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some Ical all-day events automatically move to Jan 1 2000 (01/01/2000)

I keep getting ical reminders for events bearing the date of Jan 01 2000. I checked such date in iCal and I noticed that I had over 30 events set for that date. Some are marked as "detached events" from recurring events set in 2006. What is going on??

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Dec 11, 2006 12:23 PM

4 replies

Mar 4, 2007 12:12 AM in response to Alxalx

I have the exact same problem. I have entered birthdays for people I know starting with the year of their birth and never ending, an all-day event. They now don't show in 2007, but there is a detached event on January 1, 2000. When I delete that event and all subsequent versions of it, the initial event now ends in 2006 or 2007, and I have to set the repeat to end Never again. I fixed all the ones from February that showed up. Now I notice that a huge amount of the other birthdays (all day events) that I have entered are doing it now, and we are talking well over 40 of them. I don't understand why it keeps creating these detached events. I also publish my calendars, if that makes any difference.

Apr 19, 2007 12:37 PM in response to Alxalx

UPDATE: I noticed an error in my iSync log that states: "• Changing events in a read only calendar on the phone is not allowed. These changes have been ignored: " followed by a list of events. I realized that I was trying to sync a calendar i subscribed to on another machine, which would be read-only. So I removed that calendar from the selections, quit iSync and started it again and the last sync didn't seem to mess up my iCal.

Some Ical all-day events automatically move to Jan 1 2000 (01/01/2000)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.