Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instagram double notifications on iPhone

I keep getting duplicate (double) notifications on Instagram. I have deleted the app, reinstalled it, turned off/on push notifications but still getting duplicate notifications! How can this problem be resolved?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Sep 21, 2016 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2017 1:24 AM

Actually I've had this problem with my iPhone 6s and my 7plus. I will get a notification that someone liked my photo on instagram and then an hour later I'll get the same notification again, so I think it's an error on instagrams part.

9 replies

Sep 22, 2016 10:03 AM in response to "that boy asad"

Greetings, "that boy asad"!
Thanks for being a member of Apple Support Communities! I see you're getting double notifications from Instagram on your iPhone 6s on iOS 9.3.5. Even though both of them work, I'd be wanting to reduce that number of notifications too so I'll be glad to help. Be sure to test after each numbered step.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Before troubleshooting any device, I always recommend a fresh backup. It's better to "have" one than to "need one".
1. Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, quit all of the currently running applications, then Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Never underestimate the power of a good restart.
2. Reset iPhone settings -- On your phone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This step will return your iPhone's settings to factory default. Be sure to write down your Wi-Fi networks/passwords before completing.

Enjoy your day!

Sep 22, 2016 2:32 PM in response to "that boy asad"

Sorry those steps didn't fix the problem, "that boy asad". But we'll certainly continue to help!​
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If you didn't back up your phone before, it's highly recommended to do that now. This process will completely wipe your iPhone to allow you to install a fresh copy of the iOS.
1. Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings -- You'll need to use iTunes on a Mac or PC in order to erase the device.
The first time through, select "Set up as a new iPhone". Feel free to sign into iTunes & App Store and iCloud. You can download Instagram from the App store and set up notifications for it again. Test to see if you're still getting double notifications. If you aren't, continue below.
2. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup -- Use this article to guide you through the process of replacing your personal information back on your phone. Remember to test again after this last step as well.
Let us know if we can be of further help.

Sep 22, 2016 5:37 PM in response to raina_b22

That's odd, since I didn't have this issue until I had backed up and restored my phone. Ever since I had done a full restore, then restore from backup - this issue started. I think this is a fault in the iOS. I have also contacted Instagram, but this problem never happened because of Instagram, it all started from me connecting my phone to do a backup, restore, and then restore from backup.

Instagram double notifications on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.