Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Health to Garmin Connect on Apple watch

I am thinking of buying an Apple Watch Series 2.

At the moment I use a Garmin Vivofit 2 as an activity tracker to monitor daily steps. This data is then synced through Garmin Connect to my Vitality App to gain Vitality Points.

If I buy my Apple Watch Series 2, how easy is it to transfer daily step data from the Apple Health app to Garmin Connect?

Thanks

Joe W.

iPhone 4, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Sep 21, 2016 1:00 PM

10 replies

Feb 2, 2017 12:22 AM in response to icon134

I wear mine at night for a couple of reasons.

It charges in a little over an hour so it really doesn't need to be charged all night. I charge it in the morning when I shower and get ready in the am. Even if it only charges for 30 or 45 minutes it's enough to get me through an 8/10 hour day

I also like the silent alarm to wake me up in the morning. If you put the watch on "do not disturb and silent " in the control center, and set an alarm. It will just vibrate your wrist to wake you up, which is nice. Easily seeing time at night on my wrist is an added bonus.

It does have a sleep tracking 3rd party app I like. It is Sleep++. You can reference the data on the phone, the watch or in the health app.

Feb 2, 2017 4:40 AM in response to JGW1410

As mentioned, Garmin syncs _to_ Apple - but it can be rather lagged at times (Read: Most of the time).

I was in the same boat as you but use Pedometer+++ for step counting - which comes with a rather nice complication, and have (but don't any more, as I gave up tracking it) used various Watch apps for sleep tracking. Bottom line being, I eBay'd by Garmin devices as they were surplus to requirements.

Apr 21, 2017 9:08 AM in response to JGW1410

I normally use a Fenix 3 but got Apple Watch 2 from vitality this week. I haven't managed to get steps from the watch onto Garmin but the apple health app links directly to the watch and to Vitality so that avoids that being a problem as your steps/activities are transferred and you get your points. It does however mean that if you share your data on garmin and are in a weekly battle to have the most steps of your connections, it is only the stuff done whilst wearing your garmin that shows and it therefore looks like you have only done half the stuff you have. Both watches are brilliant in their own way but so far, I prefer the Garmin!

Sep 21, 2016 1:26 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Many thanks for the reply and I apologise if I did not make my post clear.

My requirement is to be able to transfer step data FROM Apple Health on the Apple Watch to the Garmin Connect App on my iPhone 6S.

I do not think I have any obvious need to transfer data the other way from Garmin Connect to Apple Health.

If I cannot do the data transfer in the way I need I will not be buying an Apple Watch as it won't meet my needs in respect of activity tracking.

Thanks again

Joe W

Dec 22, 2016 12:19 PM in response to JGW1410

I think the other poster didn't say it as clearly as it could have been however currently the steps counted using the Apple Watch cannot be transferred to Garmin connect.

Steps can however be transferred from a Garmin device (via the Garmin Connect app and it's integration with the Apple HealthKit) to an Apple device (iPhone).

I have an Apple Watch and I unfortunately also still wear a garmin device for all day heart rate and as my primary activity/sleep tracker. (especially since the Apple Watch is sitting on my nightstand at night.)

Apple Health to Garmin Connect on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.