Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 10 Phone and Message App Freeze or Slow

Hi,

Upgraded to iOS 10.0.1 on a iPhone 6s Plus. T-Mobile Carrier.

After upgrade, Phone app is slow, or unresponsive at times. Message app also slow or unresponsive.

Voicemail page in Phone app also buggy. Does not easily play or delete messages.

I uninstalled bitmoji and removed predictive type as a guess to fix. It didn't help.

Any recommendations (except for hard reset and reinstall)?

Thanks!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 21, 2016 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2016 2:38 PM

I have iPhone 5S and when I am typing, especially symbol it freeze for forever until I kill and start that msg app. It happens 50% of time.

9 replies

Oct 9, 2016 12:22 PM in response to christopherJD7

I had a chat session with Apple support yesterday. They advised me to back up my iPhone, restore it as new, and then restore my iPhone to the backup. It has only been a day and a half, but I haven't experienced the typing issue again. I'll reply again if the issue reappears. Quite a bit of storage space also has been cleared up. I haven't found anything missing from before the restore so all is good so far. We'll see.

iOS 10 Phone and Message App Freeze or Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.