You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake Apple site

Hi,

I suspect someone trying to steal my Apple ID and details.

I received a email from a "fake Apple site".

Does anyone know whether this email is trusted ?

User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 21, 2016 5:28 PM

3 replies

Sep 23, 2016 4:43 PM in response to ckuan

Hi,

I receive that phishing email, after I had just changed my faulty iphone and restore my backup to a new SE.

Carelessly, I clicked the link "Open the case" and there's a few minutes of lag in the pc. Suspecting the site from the English grammar in the email, immediately try to stop, shutting down my pc. Then quickly log in via Apple site, and change the security: - new password, 2-level authentication, security questions.

So far no other "fake email" phishing email received. The bottom half of email (All Rights Reserved/....etc) always looked suspicious now.This is the first time since I started using the first iphone in 2008. Not sure any damage suffered yet.

Thanks for your advice.

User uploaded file

Fake Apple site

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.