Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone voicemail issues iOS 10

I have an iPhone 6s with the new iOS 10. When I click on a voicemail it often closes as soon as it opens. I get a glimpse of the transcription but don't have time to even click Play before it closes. This will happen several times before I can actually view it and/or listen to it. I quit the phone app and reopen it but it still happens. Then other times a voicemail opens as it should. I've turned the phone off and on many times, and I've reset the network settings, but still have this issue. Any solutions?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 21, 2016 5:41 PM

161 replies

Jan 16, 2017 1:13 PM in response to Wisteriatree

I spoke to Verizon after being on hold for 30 minutes and they told me they were having some problems with apple visual voicemail but now decided to not support it. Recommended that I use *86 and listen to them. This is such a pain as you can only go through sequentially and have to listen to them drone on telling you the day, date, time and phone number. Come on Apple - looks aren't everything. So sorry I upgraded to 10.11. Will never update again.

Jan 17, 2017 6:45 PM in response to daverthal

I have this same problem with my iPhone 6s on Verizon but my wife does not. Taking that into account account with the fact that users on AT&T and T-Mobil have the same issue, it has to be an Apple issue. For me it started with the addition of voicemail to text. I wish I could turn off the voicemail to text. For me it happens almost everytime. The only way I can get it to work for a short time is to delete older voicemails and then clear the deleted voicemails. After doing that I can check my voicemails until next time I need to access them. For this reason I always keep older voicemails available to delete so I can temporarily access my new voicemails.

Why won't Apple fix this? A cell phone really only has three purposes calling and receiving calls and voicemails. This is 1/3 of the purposes of a cell phone. Seems like it should be a high priority! Please fix!

Jan 19, 2017 10:42 AM in response to rervais

I have spent 2 hours on 3 different support calls with AT&T to try and resolve to no avail. I have now spent an additional 2 hours with Apple support trying to resolve the issue. Both Apple techs, even the senior one, act like they have never heard of this. They were both taken aback when I said this is not a carrier specific issue as I have seen several forum threads with people on Verizon, Sprint, and TMobile stating they have the same problem. When you have an issue, own up to it, even if you don't have a solution. All of this erasing, resetting, and restoring only causes lots of time loss for everyone and no resolution.

Jan 21, 2017 2:55 PM in response to bkrolavs

Just want to echo bkrolavs. I've had this issue since OCTOBER. Own it, Apple.

I have T-Mobile and they have at least been helpful in trying various "fixes" (few of which work beyond a week). The most recent was having them turn off my voicemail (from their end) and turning it back on. We'll see how it works.

I get it -- it's hard. But that's why Apple has billions of dollars and some of the most talented tech staff on earth.

Jan 23, 2017 8:53 AM in response to dvdstrk

Totally agreed! I am po-d over this and have not only wasted trips to Apple and AT&T, including changing out my iPhone 7 for a new one, but there is zero news from Apple as to when this will be fixed. It is frustrating that we have to be subjects in this transcription service experiment and my phone is seriously devalued without functioning voicemail. APPLE: GET ON IT!

iphone voicemail issues iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.