Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know how to set up qq mail on mac mail app?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

Posted on Sep 21, 2016 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2016 1:09 AM

Last time I had tried to set up my qq mail (mail.qq.com) to my MacBook and My sony xperia mobile but I could not even with the hour long help by apple customer manager. But now I found the solution and I thought, if someone needs, it may help.

Here I will post all consecutive photos to finish the process. (I use english settings, so as per my settings)

1. Go to mail settings in your qq mail account.

2. Find out "Account" beside the "general" option.

3. Go to the bottom of this "account" option and find out IMAP/POP3 options.

4. You may find at the end to those (IMAP/POP3) option , there something marked as (Closed|open). Click on the Open.

5. It will open a new page and you will find another (IMAP/POP3) options at the right corner of that opened page and all are written in chinese. So you should click on the right end red colored word to the (IMP/POP3) and it will pop up a window. There is a message(chinese) and a number, you need to send (chinese message-copy and paste it) it to that mentioned number. It will also show some digit of your cell number linked with the email address.

6. After receiving your message, it will pop up with another message with a "16 words" password which one you have to use in your mac or IMAP settings where you were supposed to use your usual email password. But use your same email address in the email address place in your desired settings.

And don't forget to save all changes in email settings.

7. Wait a moment. Hurrah, you are now successfully connected with your email (mail.qq.com) using IMAP.

Now enjoy.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2016 1:09 AM in response to md firdaus

Last time I had tried to set up my qq mail (mail.qq.com) to my MacBook and My sony xperia mobile but I could not even with the hour long help by apple customer manager. But now I found the solution and I thought, if someone needs, it may help.

Here I will post all consecutive photos to finish the process. (I use english settings, so as per my settings)

1. Go to mail settings in your qq mail account.

2. Find out "Account" beside the "general" option.

3. Go to the bottom of this "account" option and find out IMAP/POP3 options.

4. You may find at the end to those (IMAP/POP3) option , there something marked as (Closed|open). Click on the Open.

5. It will open a new page and you will find another (IMAP/POP3) options at the right corner of that opened page and all are written in chinese. So you should click on the right end red colored word to the (IMP/POP3) and it will pop up a window. There is a message(chinese) and a number, you need to send (chinese message-copy and paste it) it to that mentioned number. It will also show some digit of your cell number linked with the email address.

6. After receiving your message, it will pop up with another message with a "16 words" password which one you have to use in your mac or IMAP settings where you were supposed to use your usual email password. But use your same email address in the email address place in your desired settings.

And don't forget to save all changes in email settings.

7. Wait a moment. Hurrah, you are now successfully connected with your email (mail.qq.com) using IMAP.

Now enjoy.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.