Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sierra Mail Slow

Hi guys,

My current machine:

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Processor: 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB; Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

My issue:

I updated to Sierra yesterday and everything is working fantastic except for one thing: My Mail is slow, to be more specific it takes about 2 seconds to show the content of the mail on the far right when I click on a new email. This is for all emails I receive, not only emails with attachments. Everything else relating to speed for Mail is perfect - this is only isolated to the loading of email content.

I would appreciate any feedback to try and resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Sep 22, 2016 12:31 AM

53 replies

Feb 14, 2017 8:45 AM in response to bigw@

Since the update to Sierra, my mac mail is a disaster too. Emails are not searchable. I type in the email of the person I sent the email to at the top search bar and get nothing and have to dig and dig until I find the email buried in other emails for some stupid reason. It doesn't even show up as it's own sent mail for whatever reason.

Emails hardly ever load on the right viewing window. Just blank white space. Even though, I can still see the first beginnings of text on the left preview side.

Everything is slow and doesn't reorganize properly the way I have set it up. I use Mac mail for business and NEED the ability to have emails auto copy into other folders. And you know... being able to actually SEE the emails is kind of a plus for business purposes as well.

It works alright for gmail, but I have a professional domain hosted through Bell and Mac Mail apparently has various issues with certificates for this as well.

I never had an issue with Outlook when I've used PCs... may have to switch back. Apple should seriously consider their growing business base and fix the absolute FUBAR situation of mac mail that's going on right now.

Sep 30, 2016 2:10 AM in response to bigw@

Hi guys, my mail has reverted back to the terrible speeds when I first wrote this. The lost time in productivity far outweighed the money I used to purchase Airmail - very happy so far. Apple really need to get their act together - the last time I updated the OS, Mail couldn't connect to imap and I was without email for weeks.

Sierra Mail Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.