Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Postmaster@mac - Delivery Notification: Delivery has been delayed

Various customers & family members have contacted us concerning emails that they have sent to employees at xxxxxxx@xyzcompany.com from xxxxxx@icloud.com users. This issue started around August 19, 2016 when the wife of one of the company officers was unable to contact her husband via email. She had been trying to send him information via her iCloud email account to his work account which bounced back after a day or more. He also had an electrical contractor that was trying to send him information fail as well.

To test the issue, I personally set up an iCloud account; notarealemailname@icloud.com and started testing on
8/23/16. I usually test sending the same email to myself at xyzcompany.com and an account at either yahoo.com or gmail.com. The emails are received at yahoo or gmail, but never make it to xyzcompany.com. After a day I start
receiving bounces back to my icloud account.

We have checked to see if our account was blacklisted and from that research everything looks fine. I have tried to contact icloudadmin@apple.com and have not received a response.

Any suggestions?

null-OTHER, Other OS, iCloud

Posted on Sep 22, 2016 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2016 5:37 AM

if emails from @icloud.com are making it to yahoo, and gmail but not making to companyxyz the problem is at companyxyz. it does not necessarily have to come from something on companyxyz mail server, you could be running additional software or hardware to block these emails, in addition your ISP could have it's own spam server.

If you check the bounce back message it can offer clues as to where the failure is taking place, or what is in the email that might be triggering a fail.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2016 5:37 AM in response to kb3epp

if emails from @icloud.com are making it to yahoo, and gmail but not making to companyxyz the problem is at companyxyz. it does not necessarily have to come from something on companyxyz mail server, you could be running additional software or hardware to block these emails, in addition your ISP could have it's own spam server.

If you check the bounce back message it can offer clues as to where the failure is taking place, or what is in the email that might be triggering a fail.

Sep 22, 2016 5:43 AM in response to JimmyCMPIT

JimmyCMPIT,

We use AppRiver for Spam & Virus protection and they are not receiving emails from some of these iCloud email users. This issue was reported around 8/19 from our owner's wife and I created a new iCloud account to test on 8/23; both accounts when sending emails to our company never reach AppRiver, but we see other iCloud emails delivered through the system, so it is not all iCloud / mac emails being rejected.

If it was all iCloud emails being rejected I would assume that we were Blacklisted and I could direct my energies to resolving the issue there.

Postmaster@mac - Delivery Notification: Delivery has been delayed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.