Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Send' bar appearing at bottom of screen after ios 10 update

Hi,

Since updating to ios 10, I've occasionally encountered an issue where a 'send' bar appears across the bottom of my home screen and within apps, despite not being inside Messages. I'm not sure if this is something to do with responding to messages as they are received while the phone is locked/ when the message is opened from the top of the screen.

It's not too much of an issue and has only happened a few times but it doesn't disappear until I lock the phone and reopen it again. I wonder if anyone else has come across this?

Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 22, 2016 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2016 6:13 AM

I haven't seen that behavior, but I would recommend force closing messages and then restart the phone.

Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the messages app. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it. Then restart the phone.

If it continues to happen, try a forced restart. No data is affected by this. To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2016 6:13 AM in response to bf159

I haven't seen that behavior, but I would recommend force closing messages and then restart the phone.

Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the messages app. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it. Then restart the phone.

If it continues to happen, try a forced restart. No data is affected by this. To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

'Send' bar appearing at bottom of screen after ios 10 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.