Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS sierra freezes after startup

i have a macbook pro 15 inch mid 2014 retina

after i installed macos sierra my macbook freezes after startup for approx. 10min before things get to normal after the OS completely launches , i tried the cmd+option+P+R command cleaning startup items and i checked the ram usage which is normal , but nothing of the above worked

it seems that this problem affects also slightly the windows normal starting time on the one present on my bootcamp

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12), null

Posted on Sep 22, 2016 5:21 AM

4 replies

Jan 10, 2017 11:07 AM in response to ismail147

My MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) running Sierra version 10.12.2, hung on a grey screen when restarting. Nothing I could do at home, including suggestions given here, could get it to restart properly. At the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store, diagnostics were run, showing no issues with the hardware. The tech then attempted a shut down and reboot, resulting in the same grey screen. She said it was a known issue with Sierra and that some code needed to be entered to tell the computer not to hang up--or something like that. She took the computer in the back, did her magic, and declared the problem fixed. The computer did then restart correctly. Anyone reading this may need to make an appointment at the Genius Bar. This issue will be handled at no charge even if your computer is out of warranty.

macOS sierra freezes after startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.