Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can iPhone 7 connect to USB headphones

Hi!

I own reasonably high-end Sennheiser Momentum M2 Wireless headphones. It connects to my iPhone via bluetooth or using the detachable 3.5mm jack+cable. When I use it with my MacBook, I connect its USB cable to my MacBook Pro's USB port to listen to higher quality audio (These M2 headphones have a micro-USB connector).

This made me wonder if I could hook up my M2 headphones with my iPhone 7 using a male micro-USB to male-Lightning cable and listen to music when, for instance, the battery is dead or when I want higher quality audio signal.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my question.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10), Mail app

Posted on Sep 22, 2016 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2016 8:39 AM

no, usb headphones are full blown usb audio cards for computers which require device drivers to work

1 reply

Can iPhone 7 connect to USB headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.