Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Apple Support Communities username

Hello everyone!
I'd like to create that discussion because I would like to change my username of Apple Support Communities.

It caused a privacy issue because my actual username was "my name . my last name".

I know it is possible and I apologize in advance for the inconvenience, but it would be nice if you could change my Apple Support Communities forum username to don´t match my real name.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Sep 22, 2016 7:07 AM

54 replies

Dec 3, 2017 6:08 PM in response to turingtest2

@ tt2

Already done, yeahhh! I already have a new temporary username, thank you very much! That was fast !

I followed the instructions I received and sent an email to actually choose my new final username. Great !

-----------

But now, for the record, although maybe someone said it before... my account had my real name as my username on the forums, but it wasn't my choice. It was imposed upon me.

I used to have a ".mac" account from the very beginning. I believe the Apple Support Communities were created later, and people with existing accounts were assigned a username = Real name.

I tried to complain and get it changed years ago, but was told that was not possible. So I gave up, but luckily I stumbled on this thread today.

Note that the email I just received stated that it is I that created my username and it had to be changed because illegal as per terms and conditions.

No real offense taken, but this is mildly offensive to hear that because I have been annoyed all this time for having this username that I didn't choose, I couldn't even post freely for lack of privacy.

Dec 3, 2017 6:42 PM in response to eVoluto

I'm afraid I don't know the history of .mac addresses but I do know it used to be much harder to change the username associated with an account here than it is now. Perhaps de facto accounts were created at ASC because .mac addresses are also AppleIDs. Plenty of people post with their real names without issue, but something anonymous is probably better.

tt2

Change Apple Support Communities username

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.