Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cool/Yellow Tint on iPhone 7 Screen

Anyone else noticed that the iPhone 7's screen is actually not as bright as the iPhone 6S? Is this a defected device? I thought it was supposed to be 25% brighter. It seems to have a more cool yellow tint to it when it is side by side. The white is definitely not as bright compared to the 6S. I've turned auto brightness off and turned them both on high. Some forums suggested doing a reset of all settings and that didn't help. I'm greatly disappointed in the brightness.

iPhone 7, iOS 10, display

Posted on Sep 22, 2016 12:27 PM

3 replies

Sep 23, 2016 6:37 PM in response to Chaming

Hello Chaming,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. I know how important making sure your display on your new iPhone 7 is working properly is to you! Based on what you stated, it seems you may have the Night Shift feature enabled, so I would check that on both devices first.

Adjust the screen brightness and color balance - iPhone User Guide

Otherwise, if you think this is a display discoloration, I would follow the steps in this article:

Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Sep 27, 2016 5:00 PM in response to Chaming

Yes! just got the 7+ in matte black. It has a very noticeably yellow screen, so much so that I thought maybe they shipped TrueTone without advertising it, but that is not the case. Went through all display and accessibility settings to make sure nothing was funky.

I've heard this problem has existed in the past with new iPhones that have just come off the assembly line - Some reports that the problem goes away after some adhesives on the screen dry etc, other reports that Apple replaced them for customers.

User uploaded file

Cool/Yellow Tint on iPhone 7 Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.