You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to calibrate external screen for macOS Sierra?

Hi guys,

seems that on my Macbook Pro after the update everything is sharp and displayed properly.

However, on the external monitor, a 24'' AOC that used to be as crisp and sharp as the laptop (kind of I know) the images and the text seems to be properly messed up. two photos attached to see the differences between the screens - cant even read properly the external monitor 😟

any ideas on how to fix this ? or is unfixable ? i have tried to calibrate the monitor, used the old calibration profiles, etc .. still looks unreadable 😟

Thanks in advanceUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Sep 22, 2016 1:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2016 2:06 AM

Hello justme12,
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that the image quality on your external monitor is no longer as crisp and clear as it used to be. I understand wanting the external monitor to be as clear as it can be. I recommend using the steps from this article to help resolve this issue:

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Best Regards.
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2016 2:06 AM in response to justme12

Hello justme12,
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that the image quality on your external monitor is no longer as crisp and clear as it used to be. I understand wanting the external monitor to be as clear as it can be. I recommend using the steps from this article to help resolve this issue:

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Best Regards.

Sep 24, 2016 2:10 AM in response to chuck_3rd

HI Alex,

thanks for link however this is what I have tried in the first place 🙂 and the final result is still not as OK as it used to be.

I'd say that there is an issue with Sierra since it was perfectly fine before and now is so fuzzy and unclear - especially the text in safari, App Store, etc... pages seems to have a crisp text at various text sizes ....

how to calibrate external screen for macOS Sierra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.