Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log in to Game Center after iOS 10 update

I know in the update it removes the Game Center app (which personally I really don't like that) but now when I try to play any game involving Game Center, it says something like please log in to Game Center or can't connect to Game Center or something. I even have one where it shows a login button but it doesn't do anything. I really want to be able to play those games I used to be able to play. Obviously there is no app to sign in from. Can someone help or give me an app that will allow me to log in?

(Sorry this was the closest matching community..)

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 22, 2016 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2017 2:09 PM

Yes, 10.2 booted out my Game Center sign-in and when I tried to sign in through my settings on my iPhone it froze up my phone every time! The restart fixed it. What is interesting though is that this only happened on my iPhone 7, my old iPad mini 2 remained signed in and had no problems with the games even though I had updated to 10.2 on that as well. Anyway, the only solution, as you suggested, is to power down and restart. Thanks!

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2017 2:09 PM in response to JDouty

Yes, 10.2 booted out my Game Center sign-in and when I tried to sign in through my settings on my iPhone it froze up my phone every time! The restart fixed it. What is interesting though is that this only happened on my iPhone 7, my old iPad mini 2 remained signed in and had no problems with the games even though I had updated to 10.2 on that as well. Anyway, the only solution, as you suggested, is to power down and restart. Thanks!

Feb 23, 2017 2:25 PM in response to lauralmarie

Update 2/23/17 - Powering down and starting is unfortunately NOT a permanent solution! I have to do it almost every time I play the game and it's very annoying. Now it affects all my devices, not just my phone as before. And we're now on 10.2.1 and they have not fixed Game Center sign in. When I click on Game Center in settings it just freezes my device. I'd like to find out what is causing me to get signed out to begin with!

Mar 7, 2017 12:12 PM in response to JDouty

I can use my contacts after adding the app to messages, but can't get anything having to do with Game Center even after logging in and out of that, removing and reloading the app, hard booting my ipad. All rreference to Game Center is gone. No users, no data, no games, nothing! Apple, a heads up would have been nice! I am one of the few people that does not use Facebook and never will, now Game Center is gone.

Mar 19, 2017 10:08 AM in response to lauralmarie

3/19/17 - It is so frustrating that this is still happening. Why aren't more people complaining about it? I'm so tired of having to power down my device every time I want to play a stupid game! Has anyone found out the reason why we can't log in to Game Ctr through settings? My devices still freeze up every time I click on it. Why even have it show up in settings at all.

Dec 13, 2016 5:08 AM in response to Dean.Lugisto

Your game center ID is often your Apple ID. (although you can have separate ones, unless that is something they've discontinued now)

Even if your device is running less than iOS10, the only reliable way to log into game center is via the settings.

Leaderboards and the such are buggy at best because it seems that, in removing the stand alone app, Apple also removed some of the background support for Game Center.

Can't log in to Game Center after iOS 10 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.