Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Proxy Pac and Sierra

Hi to all.

Yesterday i upgraded my macbook pro to Sierra.

I usually connect to internet via proxy pac script but after upgrade, connection is very slow.

Safari doesn't connect and chrome still "resolving host in proxy script".

Ti bypass problem i disabled on network preferences "Automatic proxy preferences" and set up Web Proxy and

Secure Web Proxy with value set on proxy.pac files.

Does anynone have my same problem ?

Prior to upgrade, with El Capitan, all work fine.

Mike

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Sep 23, 2016 2:20 AM

13 replies

Apr 25, 2017 2:07 AM in response to Mike Of The Pike

Hi All,

I have upgraded MacBook Air to macOS Sierra Version 10.12.,

Browsing is not working via "Automatic Proxy Configuration " in Chrome Browser V58.0.3029.81 (64 bit)

I am using .PAC file for browsing in an domain Network . PAC file is getting downloaded through the browser., but while browsing am getting the error, site can't be reached with the below error. "err_connection_timed_out" "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED"

Troubleshooting methods that I've tried

My Proxy Server is reachable from the Macbook

My Pac file server is reachable from the Macbook

No Issues in Safari... Its working Absolutely Fine.

Oct 26, 2016 7:34 AM in response to Mike Of The Pike

Hi,

I've upgrade to sierra 10.12.1, and I've a very annoying problem with safari. It doesn't open a lot of sites while chrome does. I've configured the company proxy.pac in Automatic Proxy Configuration and up to sierra upgrade it was working better. Now only the intranet sites are opened no chance for google, yahoo end many others. I've to use Chrome or Explorer in Parallel.

Any ideas?

Gianni

Proxy Pac and Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.