Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sierra OSX and bamboo pad

hi ,

i have upgraded my iMac to Sierra and i can t use my bamboo pad because the drivers are not compatible.

Do you know if wacom has released a new version of the driver for Sierra or do you have any other suggestions?

thank you

Posted on Sep 23, 2016 3:18 AM

26 replies

May 10, 2017 4:48 AM in response to marcofromwoodland hills

I had the same problem with my Mac Mini when I upgraded to Sierra (with more than a little trepidation..). I ended up uninstalling the driver, restarting the Mac, and reinstalling the driver. This seemed to at least nudge the computer to accept the presence of my old-but-still-trusty Bamboo. However, there must have been a recent OS X software update because now I get messages about how the system cannot detect any mouse or tablet and it is looking for a bluetooth connection. I close the annoying box and keep using the tablet. However, I am now looking at non-Wacom tablets that do a better job of updating their drivers. Nothing yet though.

Oct 7, 2016 8:15 AM in response to marcofromwoodland hills

Hey,I have found out a solution, worked on my bamboo CTL-671. Here is the steps:

1)Download the 5.3.6-6.dmg file and mount it

2)install the pkg, and it will fail, KEEP the dmg mounted

3)Download the “Pacifist” and use it to extract the package inside the pkg

4)You will need to copy the extracted file to the destiny folder by yourself(e.g. the “contentver” file inside the package should be copy to /tmp use Shift+Command+G), then you will need to double click the PenTablet.prefPane and select change in the System Preference.

5)Reboot your computer and everything will be just fine. May have bugs but it worked!

P.S:At first, I thought it’s the changed of system SDK led to the installation failure but not the driver itself, and now it seem that the result support my theory .In fact, if Wacom is willing to let bamboo users use their bamboo on Sierra, they just need to update some specific scripts. So now you can see that it’s not about the incompatible driver make us embarrassed, but the bad attitude towards bamboo users.

There was an old saying in China “Sharp tools make good works.ć·„æŹČć–„ć…¶äș‹ïŒŒćż…ć…ˆćˆ©ć…¶ć™šâ€, for now, we can’t expect Wacom will care about the cheap module bamboo, so if possible, just go ahead and buy a new cintiq or intuos, they can always get the new official driver first(Certainly there has no thirty-party driver)

There is also a solution——use the Windows, though I thought install a Windows on a Mac is a disgrace to the Mac, sometimes it has advantages. I prefer to install Windows in EFI mode to the external thunderbolt hard drives, you can also use the Parallels Desktop or just using the Bootcamp.

Thanks for your reading, sorry for my poor English, hope you can understand and it will be of help to you! And please pass this solution to more bamboo mac users!User uploaded file

Sierra OSX and bamboo pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.