Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is fetch not working when syncing Google Calendar?

I have a very weird issue on iPhone 7 with synchronizing Google Calendar with the built-in calendar app.

I have set the account to sync using the "Fetch" option and it is set to synchronize every 15 minutes. However, my calendar is only synchronized when I open the Calendar app.

During the day I work a lot in my Google Calendar and make a lot of changes. Then say I open the Calendar app on my iPhone in the afternoon, I can see my older calendar before the changes I made. Then after a few seconds it syncs and everything is fine.

The problem is of course that I enter new calendar entries during the day that I want to be reminded of. My only workaround this issue is to regularly open the Calendar app on iPhone so it syncs, but it does not make any sense.

I have also tried to add my Google Calendar account using CalDAV but the issue is the same. It is as if my iPhone does not fetch the data every 15 minutes in the background like it is supposed to do.

Do any of you guys have a workaround? I can use Google Calendar app, and it syncs just fine in the background. But I really prefer using the built-in Calendar app.

Thanks!

iPhone 7, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 23, 2016 6:37 AM

10 replies

Sep 24, 2016 1:01 PM in response to The-Apple-User

Hello The-Apple-User,
Congratulations on your iPhone 7! It's my understanding your Google Calendar hasn't been fetching information as expected. I know keeping up with calendar events can be an extremely part of everyday use. I'm here to help.
First, I recommend making sure this account is the default account for your Calendar app. Tap Settings > Calendar > Default Calendar. If the correct account is chosen and all settings are correct in Settings > Calendars, restart your iPhone. Use the following steps.

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

Why is fetch not working when syncing Google Calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.