You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you reinstall the mail app on ios10 iPhone

I was rearranging my app icons during a long flight and accidentally deleted the MAIL app.

I had 4 mailboxes set up and can't get the app back. how can I reinstall MAIL?

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 23, 2016 7:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2017 11:12 AM

ChrisJ's answer was very helpful. For others, one thing to note is that after I downloaded Mail from the App Store, when I opened it it asked me to set up again. The Mail option was turned off when the app was removed and I had to enable the option again. If this happens do the following:

1. Close Mail

2. Open Settings > Mail > Accounts

3. Select the account(s) you use with the Mail app (i.e. iCloud, Exchange, Gmail...)

4. Turn on Mail

I re-opened the app and everything was back.

19 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 21, 2017 11:12 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

ChrisJ's answer was very helpful. For others, one thing to note is that after I downloaded Mail from the App Store, when I opened it it asked me to set up again. The Mail option was turned off when the app was removed and I had to enable the option again. If this happens do the following:

1. Close Mail

2. Open Settings > Mail > Accounts

3. Select the account(s) you use with the Mail app (i.e. iCloud, Exchange, Gmail...)

4. Turn on Mail

I re-opened the app and everything was back.

Jun 12, 2017 9:40 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Ok so I let my daughter have my phone a lot and she's only one so when I give it to her unlocked she tends to delete things. Normally I don't care because if I didn't notice it it probably wasn't very important lol. But I noticed his right away and up until now I've spent a day and a half trying to figure out how to get it back 😅😅 thank you again this really helped

Oct 12, 2017 10:31 AM in response to Ganjabaeby

For situations like this, you should enable Guided Access (Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Guided Access.

When enabled, it doesn't allow you to exit an application to access something else on the phone, without entering a password. So, if you want to let someone look at a photo on your phone, enable Guided Access first, so they don't start 'exploring' your phone, or abusing it by reading your email, sending 'fake' text messages, etc. Or, for your case, your child cannot exit the game, or video app, when Guided Access is enabled, so she can't delete your Mail app in the future.

When you set up Guided Access, you can also enable an activation shortcut (press Home button three times), or, with iOS 11, you can put a shortcut to it in Control Center (swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access Control Center).

-rb

Oct 30, 2017 10:37 PM in response to Churchjenny

Scoll on home page down

Download Mail App

Go back to home screen

Tap on mail and enter email

If already on phone go to setting

Tap under icloud setting and turn on mail

Then turn off phone and back on

You should see the mail icon with all your inbox stuff

Reason it works thsi way is I am assuming because I used my icoud email address it is storaging it over amd needs to read it to turn on fully. Idk but try it. Worked for me!

Sep 23, 2016 7:55 AM in response to Rudegar

Actually, Mail is one of the native iOS apps that you can delete now. See this support document about removing and also adding them back. Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS device with iOS 10 - Apple Support

Are you sure that you deleted it, or did you possibly move it to another home screen or folder. Go to Spotlight search if you are not sure and search for it. If it shows up, it will indicate what folder it may be in if you accidentaly placed it in a folder.

how do you reinstall the mail app on ios10 iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.