Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmark option disappeared

Hello all,

I noticed today that the option to save bookmarks has disappeared. The "Edit" button at the bottom of toy bookmark bar is also gone. They were there yesterday. As a result, the only way to add a bookmark is to click and drag the url to the bookmark bar. See attached image of my choices. You'll see "Bookmark" is missing. HAs this happened to anyone? I really hope this is user-error and I accidentally clicked a box or something b/c I've had this MBA13 is less than a month. Thank you for any help.User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Sep 23, 2016 1:24 PM

11 replies

Sep 24, 2016 9:25 AM in response to tygb

OK,I'm starting to think either my question is worded funny or people aren't reading it through haha. My bookmarks aren't missing. They are all there. But the option to add bookmarks no longer...works b/c it's not there. When I click to add, I'm forced to put it in a sub-folder. Or I have to drag it to the bookmark bar. In the original image up too, it used t say "Bookmark" right below "Favorites". Now its gone. And the "Edit" button is gone from the bottom of the bookmark bar. Yes, I can still edit by clicking Bookmarks/Edit Bookmarks, but it's slower. Plus, I'd hate to think that these computers just change random things with no notice.

THank you again for helping me.

Bookmark option disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.