Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Home app Automation doesn't work

Hello,

I have correctly configured (they work manually) my Hue lights and my Apple TV 4th gen to work together.

Scenes are working, lights can be controlled, but when it comes to "Automation" nothing work anymore:

1) does the Home app override the Hue app? Should I set to turn on the lights on both or which one? It was working with iOS 9, now it doesn't anymore.

2) I have tested Home by setting to turn my office lamp on after one minute. It never turned on.

Everything appears to be connected correctly. Software bug?

Thank you

@

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Sep 23, 2016 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2016 8:19 AM

I've been seeing and reading of folks having issues with their iOS Home app and their Schlage door locks. What I read working for them was a reset of the hardware.

Personally I haven't had any issues myself with the Home app and my ecobee3 thermostats.

Is there a way for you to reset the Hue hub?

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2016 8:19 AM in response to ascanio

I've been seeing and reading of folks having issues with their iOS Home app and their Schlage door locks. What I read working for them was a reset of the hardware.

Personally I haven't had any issues myself with the Home app and my ecobee3 thermostats.

Is there a way for you to reset the Hue hub?

Sep 24, 2016 8:23 AM in response to zinacef

I will try to switch it off and on again (no other way to reset it). Will let you know, but I am doubtful, since it has been updated recently by Philips, therefore it has been reset for sure during the updating process.

So far everything works, even in Home app, but the automation (which, after all, is the purpose of all this tech).

Oct 24, 2016 11:27 AM in response to ascanio

I have not any automation work yet. I have about 15 devices set up (most of them Lutron Caseta wireless with the Lutron hub). An AppleTV is the automation controller

Everything else works - components, scenes (both with the Lutron app and the Home app) and Home Remote access. So far I have not had any automation work (time of day, accessory triggers, location).

...I'm thinking: bug

iOS Home app Automation doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.