Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log in to Apple ID after updating to iOS 10

Using an iPhone 6s, updated to iOS 10 yesterday. Immediately after the update, I found that I cannot access the App Store, my music or iTunes. There is no error message or prompt to log in to my Apple ID, it just says "loading" but never actually connects. Someone suggested logging out of the App Store through my settings so I tried that. I successfully logged out, but cannot log back in. I've tried a dozen times to sign back in and one of two things happens: I tap sign in and nothing happens or the prompt shows up, I enter my info and nothing happens. I have restarted/rebooted my phone multiple times, logged in on iTunes through my PC (successfully, but does not affect my phone) and updated to iOS 10.0.2 but nothing has resolved the issue. Help!

iPhone 6s, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 23, 2016 8:24 PM

9 replies

Feb 23, 2017 3:32 AM in response to trekalong

Hello,

I have the very same issue. Upgraded from 4s to 6s recently and cannot reach anything with my credentials. I have followed all the steps listed above to no avail.

1) My Apple-ID is the same all over the board. Checked and double checked.

2 ) I have reset my new phone at least twice and set up as "new phone" in iTunes (latest version of course).

3) Have also tried restoring from a backup copy, before I did a new factory reset and set up as a new phone.

Now - since this obviously does not work and I lose a lot of customers over here I am no longer interested in any solutions. Which EU or US manager is the primary go-to-guy at this stage? Legal papers are being drawn up and compensation is necessary. The primary SE translation guy (Erik) for Apple's SE site will also be notified, even though I have had some contact with him in the past since we're in the same field. This is not acceptable.

Sep 25, 2016 7:45 AM in response to trekalong

Hi there, trekalong!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with the App Store. The good news is, there are a few articles with steps you can try to resolve the issue. Check out this article with steps to Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch . This will allow you to close the app you're having issues with.

Next, check out this article with steps to Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

The next thing you might want to try is going to Settings on the iPhone and then to Reset. Once there, tap Reset all Settings. This will reset the iPhone settings, but not erase personal information such as photos, contacts, or music. It will, however, remove Wi-Fi and VPN settings so be sure you have those settings and passwords ready for when the iPhone is started back up.

If that doesn't work, it would be a good idea to be sure there is not a software issue as the root cause of this for you.

1. Check out this article for the steps for How to backup your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
  2. Use this article for the steps to Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.
  3. Once that is done, set the phone up as new and test the phone to see if the issue is still going on. Then, follow this article to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Have a great day!

Nov 26, 2016 3:46 PM in response to trekalong

I have quite the same issue. After upgrading to iOS my 5s iPhone was working fine. Till one day it restarted and then it keeps asking me to verify my Apple ID. I do enter the password but nothing happens. iCloud account & email accounts are all empty like they are not on the phone anymore and even when I try to add the iCloud account back it does nothing..

I have no contacts or emails or icloud on my phone. I reached out for apple call center but they did not help me.

I do not know what to do! I have reset the phone settings, upgraded it to latest software it doesn't help anything.

The only thing that is logged in on my phone is iTunes store & App store.

Please help me

Can't log in to Apple ID after updating to iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.