Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My HDMI adapter not working after upgrade to iOS 10

Hallo,

my Apple HDMI adapter not working (with TV) after upgrade to iOS 10 (iPhone 6S Plus).... What is the problem?

Martin

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 24, 2016 4:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2017 12:58 AM

Will someone explain what the above means

It just happened when I jiggled the adaptor a tiny bit it’s still not working in any HDMI ports that worked before I upgraded the ios but I can hear sound on the tv this is what it says but I still have sound now User uploaded file

10 replies

Feb 25, 2018 12:04 PM in response to nostromo72

I have the same problem with my IPad Air, after I downloaded the os upgrade/revision the adapter stopped working. Apple monitors these sites to collect data on problems with their products so Apple can't be unaware of this often cited issue.

My older IPad 3 still operates its AV/HDMI 30 pin adapter, so the problem is definitely software related, strike that, the problem is software generated!

Since my IPad doesn't recognize the adapter I am being pushed to use the Apple TV mirroring feature of my Ipad, a feature that requires that I buy an Apple TV or Apple TV receiver for my present tv.

Apple knows all about this adapter problem but will not provide the cure. Apple wants to sell us more 'stuff'.

Feb 3, 2018 10:05 AM in response to mattski2000

Have the same problem with an iPhone 6 Plus after updating to iOS 12.2.5 (15D60).

Sometimes I see a picture on my TV for a second then it’s gone, but the sound is fine.

On my old iPhone 4S with iOS 9.3.5 and HDMI composite adapter cable it’s working flawless every time. Same TV btw...

Apple really needs to fix this fast or this will be my last iPhone!

Sep 25, 2016 3:53 PM in response to nostromo72

Hey nostromo72,

I understand that after updating to iOS 10, you are no longer able to use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to get video via HDMI. Let's go over some general troubleshooting to get it sorted out.

Start with taking a look at the article below. It will have different steps so that you can get audio and video back to your TV.

About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202044

Take it easy!

My HDMI adapter not working after upgrade to iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.