Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallpaper zoom in iOS 10

Cannot set any photo as wallpaper in perspective mode without getting zoomed. No option to turn off Zooming Of wallpaper. Please help me how to disable the zooming of wallpaper.

Device:- iPhone 5s

1. Automatically wallpaper getting zoomed in when I select Perspective option.

User uploaded fileI

2.When I try to pinch-in to zoom out the wallpaper, the toggle is shifing from Perspective to Still. No option to turn it off.

User uploaded file

Note:- This problem is only with normal photos from camera roll. Not with Apple default wallpapers.

iPhone 5s, iOS 10, null

Posted on Sep 24, 2016 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2016 1:54 AM

Hello Bobby,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I know having an issue with wallpaper on your iPhone is not what you expect. The good news is the following step will be helpful in resolving your issue by turning on the Reduce Motion option, as this article suggests:

Reduce screen motion on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Note: For Perspective to work on a normal photo, it must zoom in somewhat (to provide area for the image to "move" when you tilt your device). This zoom can be turned off individually or in Reduce Motion, but you will not have the Perspective option.

Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2016 1:54 AM in response to Bobby Brahmam

Hello Bobby,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I know having an issue with wallpaper on your iPhone is not what you expect. The good news is the following step will be helpful in resolving your issue by turning on the Reduce Motion option, as this article suggests:

Reduce screen motion on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Note: For Perspective to work on a normal photo, it must zoom in somewhat (to provide area for the image to "move" when you tilt your device). This zoom can be turned off individually or in Reduce Motion, but you will not have the Perspective option.

Cheers!

Sep 27, 2016 1:54 AM in response to jdo_apple

Hello Sir,

As per your reply, if I turn on the 'Reduce Motion' option I will loose the Perspective/Still toggle option. Are you saying that "It is impossible to set any normal photo as Perspective Wallpaper without getting zoomed in"?. As far as I remember, before the iOS 10 update in all iOS 9 versions ,I was able to set any normal photo as Perspective wallpaper. I don't know why Apple has changed this option. Is there anything that you can say about this sir?.

Note:- I have read some articles and posts on internet that, we can get an option to disable the Perspective zoom. I have seen the screen shots also.

User uploaded file

Thank you.

Sep 27, 2016 6:03 AM in response to Bobby Brahmam

Hi Bobby Brahmam,

The Perspective option doesn't appear if Reduce motion (in Accessibility settings) is turned on.

Please see the Change the wallpaper section of the iPhone User Guide for additional information.
As far as the option being changed, when iOS versions are released some features can differ, and this can also include enhancements from previous software versions.
All the best.

Wallpaper zoom in iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.