Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i use a flash drive with my ipad pro

I want to buy a ipad pro for school but I will need a adapter to plug in my flash drive. I was wondering if I was going to be able to buy an adapter that I can use for a flash drive.

iPad Pro, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 24, 2016 7:46 PM

11 replies

Dec 7, 2017 5:51 AM in response to Diana.McCall

Lexar also has one. It’s a lightning drive that takes a Micro SD card. You can then connect that SD card to your comptuer and use apps to access the data on the card. Perhaps not as elegant as others but it does work. I have a USB Micro SD reader and then this one and can move files back and forth.

So there are more and more options out there for data transfer

Sep 25, 2016 2:49 PM in response to sgarofalo4

You can buy a wireless flash drive.

Airstash
"Easily access, transfer, and stream your files from AirStash® – the pocketable wireless flash drive for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch! This app requires an AirStash device in order to work. View, import & export photos, wirelessly stream videos, music & podcasts, and view documents stored on your AirStash. AirStash+ is an enhanced alternative to the built-in web interface adding features only possible with a native app."
http://www.airstash.com/

SanDisk
" SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick is the flash drive reinvented to work with both your computer and your mobile devices."https://www.sandisk.com/home/mobile-device-storage/connect-wireless-stick

Sep 26, 2016 5:35 PM in response to rccharles

Do you think the USB-C to USB adapter will work. If not can you tell me where to find the AiirStash or is it an application that I can download on the IPad Pro. Also I was looking the other day and when people add stuff like the adapters and stuff like that it says it is to much power for the tablet to Handel.

thank you for your feedback

how can i use a flash drive with my ipad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.