Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud taking forever to sign in, and eventually error message pops up "cannot sign into iCloud at this moment"

Since upgrading to OS Sierra and iOS 10, I cannot sign into iCloud on Macbook Pro Retina Display OS Sierra, I know my password is correct. After entering password, it loads for about 5 minutes, until an error message arrives informing me I cannot sign into iCloud. In addition to this recent error "Share My Location" not activating in iCloud settings on iPhone 6s Plus, iOS10.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Sep 25, 2016 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2016 1:45 AM

Have you tried to sign in to iCloud with different Internet connections? It may be good to verify that connectivity is not the problem, including firewalls. If you use a firewall, it may be good to disable it temporarily to see if it's blocking some connection.

1 reply

iCloud taking forever to sign in, and eventually error message pops up "cannot sign into iCloud at this moment"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.