Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get a map of my daily walk on my Apple Watch?

How do I get a map of my daily walks on my Apple Watch?

Posted on Sep 25, 2016 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2016 9:15 AM

You can get a route of your daily walks. Use outdoor walk on your watch, and make sure you have your phone with you if have 1st Gen watch. Not needed for the latest watch with GPS in it. When you then check on your phone after your walk go to the activity app on your phone and look for history and select outdoor walk, the route (map) will be at the bottom next to the weather for that day.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2016 9:15 AM in response to JackT44

You can get a route of your daily walks. Use outdoor walk on your watch, and make sure you have your phone with you if have 1st Gen watch. Not needed for the latest watch with GPS in it. When you then check on your phone after your walk go to the activity app on your phone and look for history and select outdoor walk, the route (map) will be at the bottom next to the weather for that day.

Sep 25, 2016 9:41 AM in response to rockymountain

Hi

You can view a map of your daily walk on your iPhone, after having recorded it as a workout using the built-in Workout app on your watch.

First check that the following settings are enabled:

• On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
    • Check that Location Services is turned on (at the top).
    • Check that Apple Watch Workout is set to While Using.
  • On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are enabled.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Privacy > Motion & Fitness > check that both Heart Rate and Fitness Tracking are enabled.

• On your watch, in the Workout app, start an Outdoor Walk workout.

• If you have an Apple Watch Series 2, you do not need to take your iPhone along, as the watch has built-in GPS.
    • For Apple Watch (first generation) and Apple Watch Series 1, you will need to take your iPhone along, with both Bluetooth and Location Services enabled.
    • Work out with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

At the end of your walk, End the workout and then Save it.

To see the route that you followed:

• On your iPhone, open the Activity app and tap on the workout that you just completed:

User uploaded file

• The Workout can be found in the Activity app via:
    • The Workouts tab.
    • The History tab (by viewing the current day's information).
  • After tapping to view the workout, tap on the map icon (under the heading "Route") to open a full size view of your route.

• More information:

Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Sep 25, 2016 9:38 AM in response to dan514

If you cannot see the Activity app on your iPhone, restart your iPhone and check again. The app appears only after your watch has been paired to your iPhone.

To search for the app, when viewing the Home screen on your iPhone:

• Swipe down on the centre of the screen > in the Search box at the top of the screen, type "activity" > when the Activity app icon is shown, it will also show (to the right of the app icon) the name of any folder that it has been moved to.
    • You can also tap on the icon from within the search results to open the app.

How do I get a map of my daily walk on my Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.