Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App is damaged and can’t be opened inSierra!

I try to open App that doesn't download from App Store and it show : “App” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

In the El Cap. I can change the privacy, but no choice in Sierra any idea? I try to right click and "Open" but not solve this.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), null

Posted on Sep 25, 2016 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2017 2:51 PM

Be aware that this disables Gatekeeper, which is intended to protect your system from malware. Disabling it isn't fixing the problem, it's just bypassing it, and leaves your machine vulnerable (although the risks are currently low you should be aware what you're doing).

17 replies

Oct 30, 2017 8:40 AM in response to drichards21

Try running this program in your normal account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Nov 23, 2017 3:30 AM in response to Udomkarn

Although disabling gatekeeper with:-

spctl --master-disable

will get you apps working, it will also reduce your mac security.

You can add an exception to gatekeeper using the command line.

I would suggest enabling gatekeeper with:-

spctl --master-enable

And instead type:-

spctl --add /path/to/app.app

Obviously change to the path to your app, you can even just drag the app onto the terminal window and the path will be completed for you.

To remove the exception simply change to:-

spctl --remove /path/to/app.app

Hope this helps....

App is damaged and can’t be opened inSierra!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.