Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Faulty SIM card" Iphone 7 plus

This is the error I receive.

We could not complete the activation of your iPhone.

Your iPhone appears to have a faulty SIM card. You can take your iPhone to a local Apple Store and get a replacement SIM installed, or go to your wireless carrier store.If neither of these options is convenient, call 1-800-MY-APPLE and we’ll ship a new SIM card to you along with easy-to-follow instructions to install it.We apologize for the inconvenience.

Both in itunes and on the phone. I have contacted apple and AT&T and neither seems to know whats wrong and each tells me to contact the other. I have a elevated ticket already with apple but its been 2 over 48hrs and they "don't have anything yet"

Google shows no issues anywhere close to this issue.

When I try and insert my SIM into the phone and activate it says that the phone needs to be activated with the SIM card the phone shipped with.

I have done the itunes reset and have updated to the most current OS.
Does anyone have any ideas what I should suggest to either Apple or AT&T?

Was hoping my first iphone experience was going to go better than this.

Thanks!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 25, 2016 10:39 AM

2 replies

Sep 25, 2016 10:53 AM in response to KiltedTim

That's what I thought too.

I've been to 2 AT&T stores and they have no idea.

They tried changing the SIM that came with the phone to my number they tried resetting it back to its default.

I guess I can stop by a 3rd store today and see what they have to say. I was supposed to hear back from Apple support about the issue 50 min ago.

The manager for apple support I have been talking to has been fantastic to talk to and has been great with trying to find something out, but he has exhausted all his resources and has sent it on to the engineering team.

I was just posting hoping someone maybe had something similar and knew something I could forward onto someone as a thing to try.

Thanks for your response I'll run over to another store now.

See if they can do anything for me.

"Faulty SIM card" Iphone 7 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.