Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find directions between two locations other than my current location. I finally gave up and used Google Maps.

In the latest version of Maps, there is no apparent way to find directions between two locations when neither is your current location. In earlier versions we could enter two locations, starting and destination. In the new version, you enter your destination into a search window, but there is no place to enter a starting location. The app assumes your current location is always your starting location. This is a remarkable oversight by the designers. Am I missing something?

iPad Pro, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 25, 2016 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2016 1:45 PM

If you go to Maps, You can search for a location. Once you locate the spot, tap on the Directions button. It starts out from your current location, but if you tap on My Location, next to From: you can change the location you want the directions from.

4 replies

How do I find directions between two locations other than my current location. I finally gave up and used Google Maps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.