Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes download to Windows 10

I am trying to download iTunes to Windows 10 and get these two messages:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

And...

The older version of iTunes cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.

Can anyone please help?

Regards,

Fred.

Windows 10

Posted on Sep 25, 2016 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2016 4:27 PM

Take a look at this ASC User provided tip for help with troubleshooting iTunes and Windows. Take the time to read through the entire tip, and then follow the instructions necessary for your problem. Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

Turingtest2 has compiled the most comprehensive list of troubleshooting tips for iTunes and Windows. You should be able to get your issue corrected with that tip sheet.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2016 4:27 PM in response to Fred Stewart

Take a look at this ASC User provided tip for help with troubleshooting iTunes and Windows. Take the time to read through the entire tip, and then follow the instructions necessary for your problem. Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

Turingtest2 has compiled the most comprehensive list of troubleshooting tips for iTunes and Windows. You should be able to get your issue corrected with that tip sheet.

Sep 28, 2016 6:50 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you tt2 for your response.

I downloaded Apple Software Update and then tried iTunes again, but to no avail.

Earlier, while uninstalling Apple and iTunes stuff, I came across and old folder (12/11/2012) called 222iTunes, and when asked to uninstall replied, The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Could this be causing problems?

Fred

Sep 29, 2016 10:43 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you tt2.

I employed the utility you mentioned in note 1. It rid my machine of the old 222iTunes folder. Now, the latest iTunes has smoothly downloaded. Now my wife and I will search for some old tunes from the 60s and 70s that we may enjoy in our dotage.

To you and ChrisJ4203 this must have seemed a mundane issue. All the more reason I thank you again for your much appreciated help.

Regards,

Fred Stewart.

iTunes download to Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.