Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IBooks book window shows no content

When I open a book from the iBooks Libary window, after the animated opening of the book I just get a transparent area on the screen were the book should be, see image below.

User uploaded file

This appears to happen for all books, including any newly re-downloaded, and PDFs in the library. As well as when opening books directly from the finder.

This problem did not exist prior to upgrading to Sierra.

iBooks - version 1.6 (1240)

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Sep 25, 2016 10:50 PM

4 replies

Sep 27, 2016 6:22 AM in response to Paul....

Greetings Paul....,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that when you open a book from the iBooks Library window, you are seeing a transparent area on the screen where the iBook should be. This is happening to all books, and this is a new issue since upgrading to Sierra. I definitely know that it's important to be able to access all of your iBooks on your iMac, I read a lot on mine. Let's see how I can help out with this.

First, please quit iBooks, and then restart your Mac. Once you've restarted, open iBooks, and see if you get the same result.

If you still have an issue after the restart, please use the following article to create a new user on your Mac and test this issue there: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac .

Testing in a new user can help isolate the issue from your main user account to the entire system.

Best Regards.

Sep 27, 2016 9:54 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Neither restarting and testing nor testing with another user account change anything.

Restarting in Safe Mode and iBooks works - problem isolated to using the latest NVIDIA Web Driver.

Switching back to the default Graphics Driver solves the problem. Will need to check if I still need the NVIDIA Web Driver for something else, but in any case off to NVIDIA to report a problem...

Oct 29, 2016 5:09 PM in response to Paul....

This problem is not solved yet :/ It's doing it for me too on 10.12.1, and I have cornered the bug to Nvidia's latest driver WebDriver-367.15.10.15f01.

Here is the error messages shown in console:

1) Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGLD riverWeb' (Team ID: 6KR3T733EC, platform: no) for process 'iBooks(596)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

2) Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMT LDriverWeb' (Team ID: 6KR3T733EC, platform: no) for process 'iBooks(596)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

3) Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTL DriverWeb: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeF orceMTLDriverWeb, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLD riverWeb: code signature in (/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMT LDriverWeb) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

4) Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.

Apple, maybe you could assist NVIDIA with solving in bug faster.

Thanks

IBooks book window shows no content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.