Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 10 randomly calling people

Hello everyone!

Since I have installed iOS10 on my iPhone 6, I have been calling randomly to people in my contact list.

I cannot find anything about it on the internet so that is why I am writing to you.

It has already happened 4 times in not even a week to me, while I never had it before.

I have heard that other people have the same problem, but again, nothing on the internet.

Am I supposed to change something in the way of unlocking my iPhone?

Or is there some bug which will be fixed soon?

kind regards,

Jos

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 26, 2016 1:52 AM

2 replies

Oct 2, 2016 9:49 AM in response to JosOwnage

Jos and others:

I have an iPhone 5S and ran into a similar problem where my phone was locked and in my pocket. It started making calls going through my recent calls list (about 8 calls) and even left a blank voice message with one contact. I stopped the autocalling when I heard my wife's voice as the phone called her via FaceTime ("why are you calling me with FaceTime?!). Also, I now get random call histories on my phone from calls made from my wife's iPhone 5S, and she has gotten histories from my iPhone! This all happened after installing iOS 10.0.2. Hoping someone from Apple sees this and comes up with a fix.

Thanks for your post, thought I was going crazy.

Stan

Oct 2, 2016 10:20 AM in response to stanandvir

Hey!

Thanks for your response!

I think I found a solution which at least works for me.

I disabled siri before, have no idea why actually.

When I was pushing the home button in lock screen,I got some Siri program but different.

Currently I have enabled Siri and I have disabled it to use it when the phone is locked.

It has worked for me since, I hope I'm not just lucky. Hope it works for you as well!

Kind regards,

Jos van Olst

iOS 10 randomly calling people

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.