Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 Call Log Missing

Hi, I have noticed since upgrading from iphone6 that now when i get a missed call that this does not appear in the call logging so i have no idea its been missed. How can i get this working again?

iPhone 7, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 26, 2016 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2016 2:53 AM

Hi there, ste_richards!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with the Phone app on your iPhone. I know how important it is to be sure you see what calls are missed at all times. First, be sure when you are looking in the Phone app that when you are in the call log for Recents, you have "All" chosen. Next, check out this article with steps to Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

The next thing you might want to try is going to Settings on the iPhone, then to General, and then to Reset. Once there, tap Reset all Settings. This will reset the iPhone settings, but not erase personal information such as photos, contacts, or music. It will, however, remove Wi-Fi and VPN settings so be sure you have those settings and passwords ready for when the iPhone is started back up.

If that doesn't work, it would be a good idea to be sure there is not a software issue as the root cause of this for you.

1. Check out this article for the steps for How to backup your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
  2. Use this article for the steps to Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.
  3. Once that is done, set the phone up as new and test the phone to see if the issue is still going on. Then, follow this article to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2016 2:53 AM in response to ste_richards

Hi there, ste_richards!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with the Phone app on your iPhone. I know how important it is to be sure you see what calls are missed at all times. First, be sure when you are looking in the Phone app that when you are in the call log for Recents, you have "All" chosen. Next, check out this article with steps to Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

The next thing you might want to try is going to Settings on the iPhone, then to General, and then to Reset. Once there, tap Reset all Settings. This will reset the iPhone settings, but not erase personal information such as photos, contacts, or music. It will, however, remove Wi-Fi and VPN settings so be sure you have those settings and passwords ready for when the iPhone is started back up.

If that doesn't work, it would be a good idea to be sure there is not a software issue as the root cause of this for you.

1. Check out this article for the steps for How to backup your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
  2. Use this article for the steps to Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.
  3. Once that is done, set the phone up as new and test the phone to see if the issue is still going on. Then, follow this article to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Cheers!

Iphone 7 Call Log Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.