Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not able to delete apps after iOS 10 update or 10.0.2

Still can't delete apps after IOS 10.0.2 update/fix. Can delete from iCloud storage though.

iPad Pro, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 26, 2016 6:43 AM

26 replies

Aug 12, 2017 8:43 AM in response to Beatle62

Hi I'm GDS

Even I had the same problem when I updated my iPhone to the new one 10.2. I struggled around for a week. But when I looked out in settings I got it how to uninstall applications. It's not a bug first of all. See this

1. First go on settings/ general / restrictions / uninstall applications.

And there you go

Thanks

Oct 1, 2016 7:48 AM in response to harryb49

Hi. The OP in this thread alluded to the alternate method of deleting an app. Have you tried it? It's described below. If you're having a problem with an app, you should post a separate question for it. But first, check the you've authorized access to Photos from the app.

There's another way to delete an app that may work when the shaking mode does not. Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > STORAGE Manage Storage. Note that this is the first Manage Storage. Wait for the list to populate and tap on the entry for the app. It should offer a Delete App button which may work.

Oct 1, 2016 10:25 AM in response to Diana.McCall

HHaving the same issues. Started with wifi issues and not being able to download or update apps, tried forced restart, no luck.

Had to do a complete reset and re download of 10.0.2 via iTunes and that solved the wifi and download/update issues, however some of my apps were not able to see for example, my pictures, only way to get access was to remove the apps and reinstall.

and that's where my still probmatical working stalls. I get the shivering apps and the delete x but it doesn't work.

only way is back to iTunes

so, my issues with iOS 10 point me to a belief that the on air update is possibly corrupt and the by USB iTunes is the only way to bake the iPad stable, but still issues exist.

this by far is the worst iOS version I can recall

Oct 1, 2016 1:21 PM in response to warkman

I think there are two problems somehow linked together. I experienced both:

1. Inability to delete apps even thought the icons were wiggling with the x shown

2. Auto-lock would not operate despite the proper settings

The fix provided by another poster:

Turn passcode off, reboot, then turn passcode back on without deleting fingerprints. You need to enter a new passcode (the original passcode is OK). Then everything worked (1) and (2) above.

It's hard to imagine what bug would cause this!

Ipad Pro 12.9 with 10.02

Oct 2, 2016 5:00 AM in response to K4AA

No, I have a passcode set up (I actually need it to get to the passcode settings) and a Touch ID, however another issue keeps turning up.

ON the Touch ID I had all three usages set to on.ipad unlock, Apple Pay and iTunes. Now the iTunes us turned off. Switch it on, go away from the settings, go back to settings and it's off again.

looks like another full reset is on the cards grrr..

i am really disappointed with iOS 10 to get honest, never ever had this amount of problems with either other iOS or even windows!

not able to delete apps after iOS 10 update or 10.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.