Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring photos from droid to Mac

Is there a way to transfer photos from a Motorola Droid Maxx2 onto my MacBook Pro OS X 10.10.5?? Using an USB cable connection, or using an SD reader doesn't work and I can't find where my Mac might recognize another device anyway (i.e.: the phone through the USB cable).

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 26, 2016 4:53 PM

7 replies

Sep 20, 2017 3:14 PM in response to judielu

Found this thread looking for help for myself, I have a Motorola, and found out you have to allow the viewing of files on your phone before you can view them on the Pc. When you plug the usb cable in nothing happens on the phone , open phone and check notifications (drag down top screen) it will show something like 'moto charging' , to change option you can then choose between 'charging and file transfer' or just 'file transfer' .

That might help?

Sep 26, 2016 8:06 PM in response to Mychewy3

Download and install Android File Transfer from android.com onto your Mac.

It's free.

https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Reboot your Mac and connect your phone via the appropriate USB cable for your phone directly to your Mac USB port.

If the Android File Transfer app doesn't automatically open when the phone is connected, click on the Android File Transfer app icon on your Mac.

When working properly, you should see a display similar to the following. Locate the files you want to transfer on the phone and drag them to the Mac, or find the files on your Mac using Finder, and drag them to the appropriate folder on your phone.

If your Android device also has microSD storage, you can also drag and drop files to and from the SD card.User uploaded file

I've use it to successfully transfer files via the appropriate USB cable from two different Android 4.4 "KitKat™" phones to Macs running OS X 10.6, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, and 10.11.

Another way to transfer files is via Bluetooth, if available on your phone.

Turn on Bluetooth on both phone and Mac, pair the devices, then connect and transfer files.

Android apps that offer 'Sharing' should recognize a Bluetooth connection.

transferring photos from droid to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.