Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sierra Calendar - Google Calendar: Error 404

Hi:

Since I installed Sierra, Calendar is constantly popping me this alert:

The URL https://calendar.google.com/calendar/dav/robby%40robbyralston.com/user/ encountered HTTP error 404. Make sure the URL is correct.

I tried to unistall and reinstall from System Preferences >> Internet Accounts, but the same problem returns.

Any clue on how to fix this?

Thanks!

User uploaded file

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Sep 26, 2016 4:05 PM

8 replies

Sep 27, 2016 10:28 AM in response to Ro33y

Make a text file with the subscribed calendar info.

Testing in a new User. You can use the Guest User or create a new User for testing.

CREATE A NEW USER

Go to System Preferences --> Create a New User in Users & Groups.

Switch to the New User by logging out/in or use Fast User Switching.

Login with your Apple ID. You'll only need to check Calendar for this test.

Do you still see the issue?

Nov 28, 2016 7:11 AM in response to Ro33y

I pulled this off the google forums. The solution worked for me. Full URL is

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/calendar/phPuCRXiJXc;context-plac e=topicsearchin/calendar/category$3Asyncing-my-calendar

but relevant answer (from Justin McCall) is below.

I had this exact problem and solved it by deleting all items items in ~/Library/Calendars/Pending Events/ and ~/Library/Calendars/Incoming/. For good measure, you may want to delete all files starting with Calendar Cache in ~/Library/Calendars/ and the prefs (anything containing com.apple.ical) in ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.ical as well. This will resync the calendar with Google next time you start Calendar (in my case, I needed to restart Calendar once for the sync to finish).

Nov 28, 2016 5:40 PM in response to Tobin Anthony

This worked for me, too! :-)

Perhaps the only thing I needed to do was clear the Cache and the prefs... because the first two steps didn't work by themselves, I did have to do all four steps. And I did need to quit Calendar and start it again for everything to show up.

Note, for newbies, to get to the (hidden) ~Library folder, I find that the easiest way is go to Finder, hold down the option button and click on the Go Menu item... the Library folder appears when you do this. :-)

Sierra Calendar - Google Calendar: Error 404

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.