Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing email icon iphone 6

My email icon dissappeared about a weeks ago. i have checked all the utility icons etc still can't ffind it. I have gone into Settings >General > Reset Home Screen Layout multiple times, but nothing happens. Please advise

iPhone 6, iOS 10.0.1

Posted on Sep 27, 2016 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2016 12:53 PM

Did you accidentally delete it?

Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS device with iOS 10 - Apple Support

Add a previously removed built-in app

1. Go to the App Store and search for the app. Tap User uploaded file to restore the app.
  2. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.
9 replies

Sep 30, 2016 5:54 AM in response to Pmintz25

thanks Pmintz but i had already done this but when i click on the Mail app I get a a bunch of logos or email providers like Google, iCloud, Yahoo etc. I clicked on Google and it get a message saying >"Gmail" is Already Added<

likewise when i click on iCloud.

How can get back to original situation where all email to gmaila and icloud email addresses can be opened in the Mail icon?

Sep 30, 2016 5:55 AM in response to Demo

Thanks Demo I had already done this but when i click on the Mail app I get a a bunch of logos or email providers like Google, iCloud, Yahoo etc. I clicked on Google and it get a message saying >"Gmail" is Already Added<

likewise when i click on iCloud.

How can get back to original situation where all email to gmail and icloud email addresses can be opened in the Mail icon?

Sep 30, 2016 6:26 AM in response to rickgeo

That is really odd. The accounts have to be on the phone somewhere. Have you tried restarting or force restarting your phone? Try a forced restart. No data is affected by this. This can fix weird problems that seem to come out of nowhere.

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

.....just to be clear, you are tapping on the Mail App icon, not the icon in Settings>Mail, contacts, calendars

User uploaded file

Oct 1, 2016 10:17 AM in response to rickgeo

Here is a shot in the dark. Have you tried doing a Spotlight Search for one of your contacts or for something that you know that you discussed in an email with someone? If the search process any results, (and it should), tap on one of those emails and see if the mail app launches. If it launches, maybe the icon will come back.

You probably already know, but swipe down from the middle of any home screen to get to the search feature (or swipe to the right from the first home screen).

Another shot in the dark and this is a long shot. Did you use restrictions? If you restricted Allowing changes to accounts and then you deleted the mail app, I wonder if that would cause it to be hidden. I know that you can not restrict mail like you can other apps, but I'm just trying to think of anything that would cause what you are seeing.

Oct 10, 2016 12:56 PM in response to rickgeo

Had the same problem and just solved it. After you reload the icon from the app store, go to settings; mail and you will see all accounts you have previously set up. you will have to open each one and manually turn the mail back on for each account. Everything will be there. apparently when the icon is deleted, it turns off the accounts.

Missing email icon iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.