Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 3d touch vibration not working

My 3d touch vibration will randomly stop working ...ive tried all the settings like turning 3d touch on and off and the vibration setting in accessibility as well. The only thing that will fix this is restarting my phone but it ends up coming back in a couple hours... im thinking it could be a bug. Ive already restored my whole phone to see if that was the issue but it just keeps happening.

iPhone 7, iOS 10.0.2, null

Posted on Sep 27, 2016 1:12 PM

44 replies

Jan 5, 2017 9:03 PM in response to AndreCR-117

i have the same problem with the 3d touch on my iphone 7 plus..it recently stopped workin..while doin the firm press the peek and pop feature works but without the vibration (haptic feedback)....after a hard-reset it starts workin only to be plagued with the same problem again after a day...so went over to the genius bar...they ran the full diagnostics and came up with nothing...hardwares were all ok...asked me to reset all settings..i did it..it started workin just fine...but the next day...encountered the same problem...i dont wanna try the restore settings...it prolly could be a bug...hopefully apple fixes this in the upcoming update...

Jan 21, 2017 6:44 AM in response to A-x-L

I got same problem from my iphone 7 plus , i just buyed iphone 7 plus for first time , i did not use any iphone before , but i thought iphone is quite interesting phone that i never been used before after buying phone i got the 3d touch vibration problem , when i restart my phone it resolve , now i am fedup i can not restart my phone every time , i am really disappointed to buy iphone , seems like its my first and last experience to buy iphone ! ! If any one knows how to resolve this problem permanently please tell me , we all paid more than 1000$ for this kind of phone . As well as Iphone should resolve this problem as soon as possible otherwise iphone users will start to hate iphone .

Feb 1, 2017 9:24 AM in response to AndreCR-117

This is definitely a software defect. It is easily reproducible by making a call with Skype. As soon as you do it all vibrations stop working including 3d touch, incoming calls if you use the silent mode, etc. A reboot solves the issue untill you use Skype again or similar applications I suppose. This is a shame that some 3rd party applications influence on the internal state of iOS so dramatically. It must be fixed by Apple.

Mar 4, 2017 4:40 AM in response to AndreCR-117

I don't know what's the main reason for this problem. I have the same issue and since I'm used to 3D Touch vibration it affects me badly. Mine is a new phone and like other people commented once the phone is restarted it starts working and eventually it stops. I tried all the troubleshooting steps but no use. Apple please take this issue into account.

Dec 12, 2017 7:58 AM in response to AndreCR-117

Rotate your phone from landscape to portrait.

Seriously,

It's worth trying if nothing else.

Details:

iPhone 7Plus, iOS 11.2 / I had every bit the intermittent issue I read about here and I tried all the fixes. I always text in landscape. Yesterday after 3D Touch stopped working, as usual, I stumbled on this 'portrait' fix. It even works with the Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch > test image. In landscape when I touch the test image the gray frame appears but pressure does not make the 3D test react. Rotate to portrait: success. In the day since I discovered this: 100% success. --It doesn't fix landscape mode, but it gets the job done. I'm pretty sure I stumbled on it because the Effects menu screen is poorly laid out (IMO) and I wanted to see the choices that are cut off.

Dec 13, 2017 12:14 PM in response to diodes123

That's how my grandparents used to fix the TV! 😉

As for people who insist "enable this," "activate that," "switch the the other off and on," THANKS! And why are you here?

At least my "rotate from landscape to portrait" involves staying in the same screen, not a trail of breadcrumbs that you didn't even provide. With that off my chest, thanks, some people haven't tried your suggestions.

The thing is, that dang 'landscape to portrait' works for me 100%. None of the other fixes have, including 'reset to default.' --And there is no way I'm going to factory-reset my phone for any bell or whistle like 3D Touch.

iPhone 7 3d touch vibration not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.