Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Sierra Sticky Keys Timing.

Hi there.
This is regarding sticky keys and recent changes in how long they keys stay "stuck" in.

I've been using Mac Osx with sticky keys on for the last six years, always typing with one hand.
With the recent MacOS Sierra update I've been noticing a serious issue. When any of the hotkeys are pressed they stay stuck down for longer than before.

By way of example:

FOr instance, any sentence that I Typed perfectly fine on previous versions of MAc OSx now has two capital letters where only one should be. I Then need to go back through the sentence and fix all of them. THis is a problem as you can see in the problem.

Has anybody else experienced this?
Is there a .plist somewhere deep in the system that I can edit to change the timings?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Sep 28, 2016 7:14 AM

5 replies

Oct 2, 2016 10:42 PM in response to marnu

Wow, great to see that I am not the only one who is extremely irritated by this change. For many years now, I, too, have been using sticky keys, and I developed a very fast typing method for myself (some combination of one-finger and multi-finger-typing, using the sticky keys feature).

Now, with the update, I am simply not able to type in a proper speed anymore as the first two letters are often capitalized.

For me, this is especially problematic because I am German, and in the German language, every noun is capitalized!

I really hope Apple fix this very soon. This very much disastrously ruins my user experience.

Oct 2, 2016 10:47 PM in response to axyzh

I'm glad to see that someone else noticed this.
Because of the small amount people that use this feature - I don't imagine it will get solved or noticed easily.
But I really hope it does, it makes the new version of the OS virtually unusable to me as a disabled user.

Thank you for reporting here too.

MacOS Sierra Sticky Keys Timing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.