Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FIXED - Audio File "filename" does not have sufficient access privileges. An overview can not be saved!

I thought I would post this Fix for a permissions issue where every time an Audio Loop in Logic was placed onto the timeline the following error would come up. Hope this helps for anyone else the may have this issue.

Error Message:

Audio File "filename" does not have sufficient access privileges. An overview can not be saved!

User uploaded file

This fixed the permissions issues on my system permanently!

I'm not sure if this is the same issues that other people may have but this is how I fixed my issues.

1. Go into your "StartUpDrive/Library/Audio" Folder

2. Highlight "Apple Loops" folder, and Press "Command I" (Get Info Window pops up)

3. Go down to where is says Sharing & Permissions (open small arrow on left if it's not already open)

4. Click on the Lock at the bottom right, and put in your Username and Admin password in the pop up window.

5. Look at what's there. You should have an "admin - Read & Write" there. If not then that is the problem.

In my case I had...

System - Read & Write

Wheel - Read only (This was the problem on my computer)

everyone - Read only

6. If you don't have "Admin - Read & Write" then Press on the + button on the bottom left hand side, and choose Administrators.

7. When the "Admin" shows up under name column, change the privilege to Read & Write under Privilege column.

8. Make sure the "Admin" rowis selected, then Press on the Star pop-up menu next to the + - boxes, and choose "Apply to enclosed items..."

9. Press on the Lock at the bottom right to lock it again.

This has fixed the irritating pop up error, that I would always get when I used Audo Loops in Logic Pro X.

Here is also another post that had this issue, that I responded too.

Reinstalled Logic and now loop overview privileges are insufficient

Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, 2x2.8 GHz Quad

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Sep 28, 2016 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2016 10:57 AM

Fixed

3 replies

Sep 29, 2016 11:45 AM in response to BenB

FIXED - Audio File "filename" does not have sufficient access privileges. An overview can not be saved!

I thought I would post this Fix for a permissions issue where every time an Audio Loop in Logic was placed onto the timeline the following error would come up. Hope this helps for anyone else the may have this issue.

Error Message:

Audio File "filename" does not have sufficient access privileges. An overview can not be saved!

User uploaded file

This fixed the permissions issues on my system permanently!

I'm not sure if this is the same issues that other people may have but this is how I fixed my issues.

1. Go into your "StartUpDrive/Library/Audio" Folder

2. Highlight "Apple Loops" folder, and Press "Command I" (Get Info Window pops up)

3. Go down to where is says Sharing & Permissions (open small arrow on left if it's not already open)

4. Click on the Lock at the bottom right, and put in your Username and Admin password in the pop up window.

5. Look at what's there. You should have an "admin - Read & Write" there. If not then that is the problem.

In my case I had...

System - Read & Write

Wheel - Read only (This was the problem on my computer)

everyone - Read only

6. If you don't have "Admin - Read & Write" then Press on the + button on the bottom left hand side, and choose Administrators.

7. When the "Admin" shows up under name column, change the privilege to Read & Write under Privilege column.

8. Make sure the "Admin" rowis selected, then Press on the Star pop-up menu next to the + - boxes, and choose "Apply to enclosed items..."

9. Press on the Lock at the bottom right to lock it again.

This has fixed the irritating pop up error, that I would always get when I used Audo Loops in Logic Pro X.

Here is also another post that had this issue, that I responded too.

Reinstalled Logic and now loop overview privileges are insufficient

Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, 2x2.8 GHz Quad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.