Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Media Services" is draining my data cellular plan

I noticed that I consumed >5 GB in a single day using cellular service. "Media Services" consumed more than 5.3 GB. What can I do to prevent this to happen again?

User uploaded file

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Sep 28, 2016 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2016 6:52 PM

Howdy Butcher Allmighty,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post and screenshot that the Media Services process is taking up a lot of your cellular data. This service can be attributed to services like Apple Music, so let's make sure that Cellular Data is disabled by going to Settings > Music > Cellular Data Off. Another option may be that Cellular Data is enabled for your iTunes downloads. Check out the link below and make sure it's disabled:

Turn on Automatic Downloads for iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store purchases

Take care.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2016 6:52 PM in response to Butcher Allmighty

Howdy Butcher Allmighty,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post and screenshot that the Media Services process is taking up a lot of your cellular data. This service can be attributed to services like Apple Music, so let's make sure that Cellular Data is disabled by going to Settings > Music > Cellular Data Off. Another option may be that Cellular Data is enabled for your iTunes downloads. Check out the link below and make sure it's disabled:

Turn on Automatic Downloads for iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store purchases

Take care.

"Media Services" is draining my data cellular plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.