Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay disconnect ios 10 after 30 seconds

I have both an iphone and ipad with IOS 10. I found the audio connect window for airplay and found my airport device. The problem is that I can stream Pandora or Apple music for approx. 30 seconds then it drops the connection and defaults to the audio on the ipad or iphone. I have 2 airport express routers and the same thing happens. I can stream just fine from my Mac.

iPad 2, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Sep 28, 2016 5:44 PM

6 replies

Sep 29, 2016 6:45 PM in response to healiac

Howdy healiac,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that the AirPlay connection on both your iPhone and iPad is dropping. In order to help troubleshoot this issue I suggest that you follow through the troubleshooting in the support article linked to below:

Get help with AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care.

Oct 6, 2016 7:08 AM in response to braden85

I believe I found the problem. I am using "made for Iphone" hearing aids and have them paired to both my Iphone and Ipad using the accessibility tab in settings. This allows for bluetooth streaming. Even though I turned off bluetooth on my Ipad, it still dropped my Airplay connection. I deleted my hearing aids from the bluetooth list on my Ipad and airplay streaming worked fine. This is a problem with IOS 10 in that it doesn't allow me to override my hearing aid settings easily.

Oct 19, 2016 3:49 PM in response to healiac

Wow, healiac, I think you just solved my airplay issue too. I demo'd a hearing aid with bluetooth controls, and since then have had problems with airplay dropping after ~30 sec. I didn't keep the hearing aid but hadn't turned off the controls in "Settings > General > Hearing Devices > ..." Now that I've turned that off, Airplay is working again.

Which reminds me that I couldn't use airplay at all with the hearing aids, as my iPhone sent the sound to my hearing aid instead of to the airport express / stereo. Since that's my one bad ear, having the sound piped there was no good. Apple, I hope you're listening. Hearing device control via bluetooth on the iPhone is a great idea, but it appears to get crosswise with the hearing aid signals. I have no idea if that's a manufacturer problem or Apple issue, but it's not ready for prime time.

airplay disconnect ios 10 after 30 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.